Aussies are preparing hard to defeat India - Alex Carey

Garima Kotroo Updated: 20 November, 2020, 3:26 PM IST

With only seven days left for the much-anticipated limited-overs series between India and Australia, Aussie wicketkeeper-batsman, Alex Carey, has issued a warning to the Men in Blue while comparing the pace attacks of both the sides.

Carey has admitted that Australia acknowledge the brilliance of Indian pacers on the field, especially Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami but they also have some aces like Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, and Josh Hazlewood in their ranks.

“We understand how good Bumrah and Shami are but we also understand how good and quality players we have in the Australian side,” Carey told Hindustan Times.

Furthermore, Carey also highlighted that two of the best Australian batsmen, David Warner and Steve Smith have had considerable success against the Indian bowlers in the past. Though he is much excited about the performances of pace duo Starc and Cummins in the all-important contest.

“Warner and Finch at the top have had some success against the Indian seamers. We’ll discuss Bumrah and Shami... also Chahal and Jadeja but I’m very excited about seeing Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc run in. We’ve got Adam Zampa and Josh Hazlewood too,” the 29-year-old added.

Talking about Australia’s preparations for the forthcoming series, Carey revealed that the hosts are sweating hard to have an upper hand over the Indian side.

“We are preparing hard so hopefully, it will be a really enjoyable summer of cricket.”